Action: Cooperation Partnerships
Field: Youth Education
Submission No: 2021-2-EL02-KA220-YOU-000049207
The fundamental objectives are to ensure social inclusion, access and participation in the labour market for young people with disabilities (YPwDs) and upgrade youth work by addressing the need for digital transformation. The project aims to address the necessity of pioneering digital-driven tools to improve the employability skills of YPwDs and upgrade youth work through increasing quality and innovation.
Moreover, the project aims to improve the skills and competencies of Youth Workers (YW), trainers, educators, etc. who are working with YPwDs to foster training methodologies that will improve the current state of the art in regard to training programmes, which are available to this vulnerable group of population. In this manner, the JOBS4ALL project results will be conducive to improving existing methodologies and simultaneously establishing a broader community that fosters them with opportunities in the labour market to enhance equal access and participation, which will reflect the rise of personal growth confidence.
The JOBS4ALL aims to design, develop and pioneer the idea of the JOBS4ALL programme to improve the employability skills of young people (aged 15+ years) old with disabilities through the use of VR and build a BUSINESS COMMUNITY towards enhancing the work opportunities and FOSTER structural dialogue between businesses, Youth Organisations, Training Facilitators, Primary Schools and people with disabilities to enhance equal participation in the labour market.
The JOBS4ALL project envisions to design, develop, pilot-test and promote an interactive VR Game addressed to the European community, to support the acquisition of employability skills in selected sectors such as Professional, Hair Salon and Food Services including social skills, employability based on each profession, Digital, Health and Safety and Hygiene.
Specifically, the project will:
- Introduce emerging technologies in Youth Work thus upgrading its quality, based on the development of a collection of VR/AR SIMULATIONS – SCENARIOS for teaching, learning and assessment purposes. The simulation will support disabled youth to explore the various job sectors and identify the skills needed, the tools used, the procedures followed, the requirements etc., especially in periods where apprenticeships and work-based learning are not allowed.
- Initiate a CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAMME for YW and YP on acquiring employability skills based on blended learning opportunities for both youth workers or professionals working with YPwDs.
- Design a POLICY ADVOCACY INITIATIVE for the labour market to successfully integrate people with disabilities into their work which will include:
- Public Consultation in the form of a structured dialogue between relevant stakeholders, businesses/organisations, YW and WP that will create synergies and eventually an e-Business Network, which will embed interaction and communication functionalities, e.g. e-Community and Forum.
- Raising awareness campaigns in the form of WEBINARS and PODCASTS for targeting BUSINESSES and ORGANISATIONS on creating and ensuring an inclusive workplace culture for disabled youth.
- Memorandum of Commitment to support this initiative through the provision of working opportunities to youth with disabilities.
- SET UP the COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT HUBS in various places (e.g. partner organisations, community centres, municipalities), which will offer the JOBS4ALL programme in an organised way based on a flexible schedule; weekly, as part of schooling, summer-school, intensive, etc.
- Develop and sustain the JOBS4ALL Platform which will include:
- Mapping Tool, which will be constantly updated with businesses and organisations that offer work placements and employability to people with disabilities.
- e-Learning Environment for YW, educators etc. including the Training Programme and Training Pack with activities to do with YP on employability skills with a focus on circular economy and professional services or any other type the consortium will decide. Webinars will also be developed for each topic based on the Competence Framework to be designed e.g. Digital, Computer Skills, Employability such as communication, teamwork, etc.
- Business Training Programme accompanied by a Guidebook for establishing an employee culture that ensures social inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Raising awareness Videos on Business integration and incentives such as tax, legal, financial, organisational, societal etc. to promote labour participation and motivation to businesses to hire people with disabilities and inform them on the working environment and employee culture needed.
P1: N.C.S.R. “Demokritos” (Greece)
P3: Learning Center for Youth (Cyprus)
P5: Emphasys Centre (Cyprus)
P6: 2 EPAL Agias Paraskevis (Greece)